SorbaTech® Strip Packets For Automated Desiccant Dispensers
We offer a complete line of SorbaTech® strip packets for use with automated desiccant packet feeding systems. SorbaTech® strip packets are typically wound on a spool for easy feed to dispensers; however, strip packets can also be fan folded in a box. Strip packets range in size from 0.25 grams to 5 grams for typical applications.
SorbaTech® strip packets are made with durable, non-dusting, Tyvek® cover stock material and filled with the right adsorbent or adsorbent blend for the task of removing moisture vapor, odors, or other gases in your application. The main options for sorbent fills are:
- Silica gel
- Molecular sieve
- Activated clay
- Activated carbon
Which adsorbent is best? Flow Dry engineers are problem solvers and will work with you to understand your need and help you select the right adsorbent.
SorbaTech® packets are offered in a variety of standard sizes and adsorbent fills, or we can design a custom product to meet a specific desiccant need.
Features of Desiccant Strip Packets:
- A continuous strip of desiccant packets which can be cut and individually dispensed using an automated desiccant dispensing system.
- Precise location of a hole between packets on the strip for positive sensing and activation of the dispenser cutting system.
- When used in the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industry, SorbaTech® strip packets avoid damaging fragile tablets and capsules in pharmaceutical or nutraceutical packaging. Packets are soft, flexible. Unlike hard canisters with sharp edges, packets will not damage tablets or capsules.
- Compact size
- Strong, durable packet resists tearing.
- Uniform permeability over the packet surface results in efficient adsorption rates.
- Optionally different desiccant materials are available.
- Medical grade Tyvek®, made with 100% high density polyethylene fibers.
- The Tyvek® styles, as manufactured by DuPont, meet the requirements of Title 21 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations for olefin polymers (21 CFR 177.1520) and additives (21 CFR 178.2010).
- Tyvek® is a chemically inert material.
- High Strength and Tear Resistant.
- High permeability for fast adsorption of moisture vapor and/or odors and gases.
- Dust tight.