Latest Flow Dry Technology News
The Preferred Solution for Moisture Control and Product Protection for Healthcare Applications
While the adsorbent/desiccant does the hard work of preventing any moisture, odor or gas from affecting the packaged product, it must also be packaged to keep the adsorbent material properly contained.
That’s where the cover-stock material that is used to house the adsorbent/desiccant plays a crucial role. Flow Dry’s technical experts will propose the best cover-stock material or method of packaging.
A possible solution is Tyvek,® from DuPont, which has been accepted as the industry standard because it is:
- Tear and puncture resistant (even after becoming wet)
- Highly permeable for water, odor and gas molecules
- Adsorbent dust remains inside the packet
- Made of non-woven, high-density polyethylene (HDPE)
NOTE: the same material that is used to make many drug bottles
- Approved for direct contact with drugs and food