Quality Engineer - Brookville, Ohio
Flow Dry Technology, the world leader in moisture control, desiccants, and automotive gaskets for product protection, is seeking an experienced Quality Engineer at the Brookville, OH location. The successful candidate will assist in the implementation of the quality system to ensure the continuous production of parts consistent with all customer specifications in support of sales growth objectives.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining the quality management system.
- Responsible for continuous improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5-S, lean objectives, etc.
- Develop training to build quality awareness and conduct such training as needed.
- Maintain a ‘floor presence’ in the production area.
- Interface with Engineering and Sales to ensure transfer to Production, of new products, in accordance with customer specific requirements.
- Assist Quality Manager in support of AQP (Advanced Quality Planning) process.
- Support other Quality personnel to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Root cause analysis, implement corrective and preventative actions in order to respond to both internal and external complaints and/or rejections.
- Ensure timely containment and resolution of both supplier and customer rejections.
- Create and monitor company quality documentation, such as procedures, work instructions and forms.
- Assist Quality Manager in maintaining the document control system.
- Participate in planning and organizing receiving inspection and outgoing quality activities.
- Testing and/or preparation of various QA and SPC (Statistical Process Control) reports, such as Capability Studies, Internal PPM, Control Charts, etc.
- Oversee the validation of new or modified equipment and/or processes.
- Support assigned product lines. Includes PPAP submissions as required.
- Create and maintain Control Plan, Process FMEA and Process Flow diagrams and documents as required.
- Conduct supplier, internal and/or layered audits as required.
- Monitor and maintain MRP system production routers and bill-of-materials as required.
- Other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 years of experience working in a quality related field. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Products. Experience with MRP systems (preferably SAP) is preferred. Ability to interpret engineering drawings, especially those using G, D & T (Geometric, Dimensioning & Tolerances). Working knowledge of the ISO/TS16949 and IATF quality standard is required. Ability to operate and program a non-contact vision system (with touch probe) is desired. Plastic injection molding experience a plus.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits. Flow Dry is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining the best qualified people available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Current openings in Hungary
Current openings in China